Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Happy Bee day, My Son!

Good afternoon!

My son, Nick, turned 26 years old on sunday,,,,,,we share a birthday (we won't talk about how old *I* am), and we have spent every birthday together since,,,,,,,

except this past Sunday,,,,,,

My husband took me on a lovely 3 day trip to disney. We stayed in a hotel (NOT the camper),  Ate at Be Our Guest (this is HARD to get a reservation to!) and generally had a lovely time,,,,,,,

but I didn't get to spend OUR birthday with my son,,,,,,

so I had to make him an extra special birthday card,,,,,,,do you like the bees hanging off the edge? I totally swiped this design and the honey technique from Debbie Blake. You can see her amazing card HERE.

Here's a close up of the honey!
Glossy accents makes the honey look shiny!!!!!

So Happy 26th Bee day, Nicky! I love you!

thanks for looking, and I hope you had a super weekend!

Card Recipe:

paper: Recollections, My Mind's Eye
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Brushed corduroy, vintage photo, Wild Honey,,,,,,and Versafine onyx black
Stamps: Inkadinkado bee stamp
die cuts: Silhouette Portrait (silhouette store)
Honey: Glossy Accents by ranger
embossing folders: Cuttlebug (hexagons) and Stampin Up (square lattice) for the bee hive

No comments:

Post a Comment