Saturday, March 22, 2014

Graphic 45 by the Sea, Stampin Up,,,,and some new pencils!

Good afternoon!!!!!!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Nothing fun going on here this weekend,,,,,my husband is working, so I'm working on some cards!

Next weekend, however, we're going on a camping rally here in FL, and we're having a Yankee Swap,,,,,,,I have to bring something worth 20 dollars.

So I decided, since I got this fabulous paper for my birthday, and I just bought some amazing Stampin Up stamps (discontinued, of course,,,,,why is it I always fall in love with Stampin Up stamps AFTER they are discontinued??), so I thought I'd make a set of cards and a matching box,,,,,,

and boy did I have fun!!!!!!!
Here is the box, itself, with that gorgeous Graphic 45 paper, By the Sea.
Close up of the Bow. Isn't that "note in a bottle" darling?
Cards in the box, with envies.
Here they all are laid out so you can see each one.
And here I wanted to show you my NEW LOVE,,,,,,,,Derwent Inktense pencils! Oooo la la, love that vivid color!


I had SUCH a hard time NOT adding bows, buttons, gems, etc,,,,,,,but since this is a gift set, I don't want the recipient to have any issues with postage and have them go unused due to that,,,,,,,

so, I made up for the FLATNESS of the cards on the cover of the box!

I hope you enjoyed the box and cards! Leave me a note so I know to go see YOUR blog!!!!!

Thanks for looking, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Card Recipe:
Paper: Graphic 45 By the Sea
Stamps: Stampin Up Summer by the Sea and Seaside Sketches, Stampabilities (note in a bottle)
Ink: Stazon
coloring: Derwent Inktense pencils
die cuts: Silhouette Portrait (Silhouette store) and Spellbinders Postage stamps, circles large, labels 22, labels 14, ovals large, lacey ovals
Ribbon: Hobby Lobby
Bottles: the Paper Company (Hobby Lobby)
shells: Walmart
Pearls, twine, cheesecloth: my stash

2 comments:

  1. Love,love,love this !!! I see why you got that stamp set, it is wonderful, especially with those gorgeous papers. I think the embossing on your stamped areas is the perfect touch ( I've got to remember to do that, I love the look!).That box is outstanding! Easily worth $20.00 and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly, long time with no visits, hope you are well.
    What a beautiful gift, the box is simply divine....love the bottle, shells and bow!
    The cards came out so wonderfully and I too love the colors....been looking at those pencils. You have so many lovely things on your posts. I too have fell head over heals for my Cameo....so many things you can do with it. Love it!
    hugs....Patti

    ReplyDelete